Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing subscriber, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new subscriber, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data to notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you, we will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data stored by your web browser on your computer when you visit a website. They will not contain any personal information about you.
Do cookies allow The STEM Workshop to see what I am doing online?
We cannot obtain information about who you are from this monitoring, just our audience behaviours and trends in that data. We use cookie information to monitor traffic, for example, numbers of visitors to a web page and where they go.
Examples of where cookies are used on the The STEM Workshop website:
- Analytics – we anonymously measure your use of this website so that we can improve your experience;
- Social media – LinkedIn, Twitter and other social websites need to know who you are to work properly. This is for people who click the LinkedIn like and share buttons or Tweet this buttons from Twitter.
How do I change my cookie settings?
If you are concerned about cookies you can change the settings on your computer to refuse them.
Social media tools on our websites allow users to share or bookmark web pages, using scripts that are not from The STEM Workshop website. Further information on these types of cookie are available from the providers below: